Welcome and Happy New Year!
Habari Gani? What’s the News?
At MKM, we have so much to look forward to as we embrace the possibilities of 2022. We have the opportunity to:
- live with COVID in our midst, safely, and move forward with our lives
- create a life that is perfectly suited for us, despite the looming threats of climate change, poverty, racism, and economic disparities, and
- choose love, happiness, and compassion for ourselves and those around us.
Time to Reflect on the Past to Move Forward into the Future
I’m not good with time, so everything seems like it took place a few years ago. But this year, this season, time has been the focus of my reflection. I turned sixty in 2021. So, I have more years behind me than in front of me. I was talking to Everett, my husband, and I realized that I’ve been in my house for 18 years. It seems like yesterday when we were pulling up the carpet and changing the countertops. Then I realized, I have been living in Cleveland, Ohio for 23 years. And this year marks the 35th year that I’ve been consulting organizations and coaching leaders. It also means I’ve been using, developing, teaching, and sharing Life Mapping for 35 years. Life Mapping symbolizes my life’s work.
I can’t even begin to imagine the cumulative impact, because I have facilitated, taught, and supported hundreds of organizations and thousands of people. I am still ambitious about making an impact even as I embrace my elderhood. I am so grateful for all that I have been guided to do, be, learn, and share. I feel happy, yet not quite satisfied. That lets me know there is more for me to do. And, as I think about how I want to spend my time moving forward, who I want to impact in the coming year. I get excited and energized, and my creativity is activated when I consider all the possibilities.
So, during the last few months of 2021, I started dreaming and contemplating my favorite spiritual question: “What is needed now?” The answer was perfect. Teach and engage more. Have fun. Collaborate with others.
Questions to Answer as We Start the New Year
So, my questions for you to contemplate as we start the new year….:
- What is your intuition telling you to do in 2022?
- What are you longing to create for yourself and others?
- How will you make space to create that thing in 2022? What are your first steps?
- What will you do in the first weeks of 2022 to seed your creation?
Choose a small goal for the first quarter of the new year. Think of it as seed planting that will support your creation in the spring. Write it down as a goal and action steps for Q1 and post it somewhere you can see it every day. Let’s manifest our dreams this year, one intention at a time.