February is a very interesting month. It is brings us the deep harshness and the quiet beauty of winter. It is the second month of the year and offers the opportunity to check in on our goals. And because of Valentine’s Day, we find ourselves contemplating love and relationships. Both in our business and personal lives.
So this year as you pursue your goals and find yourself out in the world, think about these questions: Who is your ideal partner? What kinds of people or organizations do you need to be keeping an eye out for?
Here are a few questions that you can use to contemplate on potential business partners:
- Are our values aligned, not just in words but in actions?
- Do our goals align in ways that create synergy?
- What am I bringing to the table that will support our partnership?
- What are they bringing to the table that will support our partnership?
- Do we each have the capacity to work together?
- Will it be fun? Enjoyable?
- Is there a way to make it profitable?
I meet lots of people who say they want to connect, work together, create something and I am left with how do I feel? Are they serious? Will they make a good collaborator, partner, or what? So think about these 7 questions and discuss them with your team so you come away with the opportunity to be on the same page about potential opportunities and the potential partners that come with them.
I am always available to support you and your teams’ thinking about these kinds of critical issues. Please feel free to get on my calendar for your free strategy session and we can flush out your options.