We are in the final days of summer, and it has been anything but leisure. Some of us are bordering on burnout. So how will you rely on your good practices to get things done when everyone is slowing down, and you want to as well?
1. Pare down your expectations for what you will get done in the days and weeks ahead. If possible, push out your deadlines and give yourself more spaciousness. It will keep you from getting frustrated and anxious because of your own ability to get things done or that of others. Remember, everyone gets serious once school starts, after Labor Day.
2. Put the small steps in your calendar as tasks or appointments so you keep your goals manifesting one step at a time. If you do 20 small tasks towards your goal for the month or the quarter, no matter how small, you will have moved that goal along in a powerful way.
3. Breath, enjoy, have fun, be present. If you haven’t done so already, schedule your self-care and dates with yourself and loved ones in the calendar so that you can be present with yourself and others when it is time to have fun instead of thinking you should be doing other things. Play hooky on a Friday afternoon for some much-needed de-stress time.
4. Prioritize and then delegate, reschedule, or let go of the small stuff. Focus is key to manifesting your goals at work and in your personal life. That often means not doing something else. Practice saying no to the small stuff, so you make more time for what is really important. This summer I have taken a break from networking and focused on my priority projects and actions. It has opened up my schedule and helped me stay on track with my own goals.
5. Keep your vision in front of you. Your ‘why’ is what motivated you to start that business or take that job, in the first place. When you are working and it seems like everyone else is vacationing or hanging out, remember WHY you are doing that thing. Keep your vision in front of you at your workstation, on your phone, on the mirror. This way you can see it all the time and stay motivated.
For me, these days our why is motivated by the legacy we want to leave our family and our community. We are all trying working as smarter. Trying to figure out how to take the right number of breaks so we can enjoy the journey and stay healthy. We are living out these five practices to stay on track with what we are building and manifesting. Do these things for 30 days and let us know how you feel.