How do I show up in a way that allows me to impact on my environment with my presence? Just because. It is always an amazing gift to see a leader who commands the room by just being who they are. Their presence shifts the dynamics of any room they enter. Here’s what I’ve observed after coaching executives for over 35 years, many of whom were working on their executive presence.
1. Know who they are.
2. Are clear about their gifts.
3. Work strategically; meaning they are thinking seven steps ahead.
4. Have a process or practice to stay grounded and centered.
5. Enter the room with their energy first, then their physical selves.
6. Communicate in ways that bring value to the interaction, make an impression,
and make a difference
7. Lead with their intentions.
Self-mastery and self-awareness are the currency of a leader with executive presence. “It’s the ability to walk into any room, with any number of people, anywhere in the world and to make a difference with your presence.” This is the goal of the Gestalt Organizational Systems Development Center and its programs. (gestaltosd.org)
It is the Gestalt OSD theory, method, and practice that is the foundation of my Life Mapping practice and coaching practice. It is the transformative magic that allows me, my clients, and our Life Mapping members to find their authentic selves, their best selves and their own form of magic – happiness.
Leave a Reply