No matter what side of the 2016 Presidential Election you landed on, what we all can agree on is that everything has changed. Whatever we thought before Nov 8, 2016 has now changed. It has sent me into deep thought about what is needed now as I start my own planning process for next year and support my clients in doing the same.
The Election is teaching me a lot. Here are some of the lessons I am learning or relearning that can apply to our businesses and organizations.
- Vision: Never underestimate the power of a compelling picture of the future
- Marketing: When you appeal to a group’s emotional center – they will do what you tell them
- Standards: Qualifications for success have changed and so have the rules
- Strategy: A focused strategy will get you there if you have analyzed the environment correctly
- Agreement: Our words and thoughts have tremendous power and when you can get people to move into action in agreement with your vision, words and thoughts, you can do anything.
People are starting to realize Donald Trump is no accident. There was a focused and deliberate strategy here that many people did not believe would work. I just wonder who orchestrated what and for what purpose. That’s just me.
On a serious note, for me, the trends in business and organizations that I want to continue to support are:
- Impeccable customer service
- Valuing each person for their unique contribution
- The Triple Bottom Line of doing what you love, making money, and doing good
- Bringing teams together to work on a common vision that is good for everyone (the team, the owners, the customers, the community)
- Values and actions that support love, freedom, integrity, the human spirit, community, dignity & respect
So, over the next 60 days, spend time in conversation with your team. Think thoughtfully about how the next wave of change will effect you and your people and your organization and those you serve. Think intentionally about what you believe and how you want to show up in the world as it changes. Commit to plan your work and work your plan for the new year. If you need support in sorting all of this out, call me.
You can always get on my calendar for a free strategy session, just click here.
In peace, love, joy, and solidarity,